Pages

Dawn Pritchard Pinterest

Follow Me on Pinterest

Thursday, February 12, 2015

Finding time to create a magical mixed media piece makes my heart sing...

Hi All! 
Well those of you who know me well, know one of my biggest complaints I had when the shop was open was that I had no time to create for just ME.  I must say that I am loving creating again! Todays project was actually one I created this past summer...it was a just for me project, that ended up as a shop display, so some of you may have seen it already.  It was just in this last edition of Canadian Scrapbooker as well, on their instagram page.  But I don't think I ever blogged it, so here it is.  It really is one of my favorite things I've made, and it now sits on my pretty vintage painted dresser welcoming people to my home...and facing my art desk so I can see it too. 
I used lots of products to achieve this look; gesso, gelatoes, molding paste, Prima sprays, Big brush pens, liquid ink....it was a process of love, and I remember just having a fabulous time making it.  It's actually on a 1.5 inch thick corrugated advertising display for smashbooks, I held on to it for years cause I knew one day I'd have time to create on it.  
Hope you like it! I've got 2 great mixed media canvases to post next week.  One is a photo collage and one is  a mixed media painting that I made to go over Ethan's bed.
Thanks for stopping by

Photobucket

No comments: