Dawn Pritchard Pinterest

Follow Me on Pinterest

Thursday, April 23, 2015

Having fun with a whole lot of PRIMA!

 Hi All!
After doing lots of rearranging and changing my whole house up, I finally have a fabulous office...aka AMAZING CRAFT ROOM! So this week I have been creating like a made woman! It feels SO good to be cranking out some crafy goodness again! Today I am sharing with you the Prima Projects that I made.  I had such an amazing time creating them all, not even sure if I can pick a favorite! Everything was made with 100% Prima! The only thing I added was the goggles on the Quentin Stamp,  and a scroll wood frame from Micheal's, that's it...all the rest is Prima! Can you believe that?? This company really does carry EVERYTHING...from traditional paper crafting all the way to mixed media! It's fabulous!
Anyhoo...on to the projects

Project 1 (above): Is a 10x20 Altered Mixed Media Canvas Board.  Wood veneer stickers were randomly place down first, then I used Chalk Board Paint to paint down a sky. Once dry, I used a stencil ( it's the one with the anchors on it, but I just used the line) and modelling paste to add some texture. Once dry I made a glaze with Bloom Spray and dry brushed on. Then added Finn stamps for more texture and assembled! All the balloon were hand cut out of 1 sheet of Cartographer paper.

Project 2: Altered Prima 12x12 Frame. I loved making this frame, heat embossing this Bloom Girl Stamp, Quentin is so much fun! I used a piece of lace pattern paper from one of Finn's books and he just looks awesome! I heat embossed the same image on the black Cartographer sheet as well and just hand cut the light image without the gears, and popped it up on the black.  One of my favorite things to do is alter pattern paper with more patterns that look like they were already on the page.  All the white I added but had drawing the line with a white poster pen and then used Prima white Gesso on one of Finn's script Stamps. (same stamp I used in project 1, I LOVE this little stamp, $2.50 is all it cost!).  I also took one of the embellishment packaging trays that the resin gears came in and painted it up with black gesso and used heavy gel medium to attach it directly on to the frame...then it was just time to cluster and embellish with fabulous hardware, resin and flowers!

Project 3: Altered Wine Caddy.  This wine caddy was originally gold and pretty dang shabby (not in a good way) but it was too hand to get rid of, so I just had to make it pretty! I used Prima's chalk paints again, I painted 3 coats of the egg blue, once dry added the black (made a stencil from a die). I painted the black on carefully and with a dry brush. I let it dry over night then sanded it like crazy, and with gold as a base color, it totally looks Shabby Chic awesome now! As you can tell, I'm in love with Prima's new Vellum Butterflies! Used 2 boxes already! LOL! I used a good mix of wood and flowers to complete the look.  Also made a quick tag to put over one of the wine bottles.  I know you can "pimp" this out much more, but to me, this was just a perfect altered Shabby Chic Wine Caddy! I already have people begging me for it! LOL!
Last few projects are just ones I made a while ago, that were Prima so I thought I'd throw them in as well.  As Always THANK YOU for stopping by today! Hope you saw something inspiring to make you want to create as well! 

No comments: