Pages

Dawn Pritchard Pinterest

Follow Me on Pinterest

Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Faux Epoxy Technique and Sale A Bration! WAHOO!





Sale a Bration begins TODAY! FREE item with EVERY $60 purchase! Download the brochure and book your Party or place your order today!
Hi Everyone
Today's card was inspired by Mary Fish's card she did for Mojo Monday last week.  Mojo Monday is a great place for card layouts, and Mary's samples are great.  I really liked the color choices she picked, so I chose a similar one.  The supplies I used for this card are all available in the NEW Occasions Mini: The Create a Cupcake Stamp set (121982 clear) and the matching Build a Cupcake Punch (12187).  How cute are these?? I LOVE them!!  I also used the awesome new Glitter Paper (121790) to punch out that adorable cherry and the mini hearts.  The cherry is punched from the Cupcake Punch! Seriously, that punch ROCKS!
My technique on my cupcake is so cute in real life; but my lack of photography skills does it no justice at all. I call this Faux Epoxy: I'm sure this technique has been done before, and called something different, but here is my version. 
Faux Epoxy Technique
  •  Punch out 4 cupcake tops in Chocolate Chip C/S(if you use Whisper White you'll need more layers, 6-7)
  • Snail all layers together
  • Covered the top with a  layer with Crystal Effects: go slowly and cover completely
  •  Sprinkle on some Champagne  Glass Glitter (120997) and  lay on a  punched out cherry on top.  Set it aside to dry and add it to your card
PS How do you like my NEW BLOG?  Please leave a comment; these are what inspire me to post for YOU every day!

Photobucket


1 comment:

Mandy said...

I like the new blog look Dawn, very nice!