Pages

Dawn Pritchard Pinterest

Follow Me on Pinterest

Tuesday, August 27, 2013

Art to make you Smile


Hi All
Wanted to share with you some art I made yesterday. I was having such a bad day, but I decided to sit down and play with no idea what I was going to make. This is what I came up with! I''m so happy with it! Using The Crafters Workshop new stencils made making this girl so much easier; I still had to blend the paint and paint her, so I still felt "artsy", but using that stencil for her face too the pressure off!  I choose not to use the hair on the stencil, but instead drew my own.  
For her hair piece I used a bunch of embellishments on my desk! Lots of Prima and Tim Holtz. I LOVE her earring the best, it's a Prima Lantern!!! I painted the embellishments with the same paints I used on the backgrounds. It's hard to tell from the pictures, but the  turquoise and copper colours are METALLIC paint by Deco Art: Peacock Pearl and Copper, so my girl has glimmerto her too! Each bottle is only $2.50 and it totally packs a punch!
Best way to add texture without bulk to your layouts is with stamps and ink! Completely changes the look of your project. I took a picture of the stamps I used on this page, (forgot my Christy Tomlinson Doilies!).  These stamps are my GO TO background stamps, I used them ALL the time!!! Well worth the investment!!!
All supplies available at The Inked Stamper! I used some Golden Paints to mix with my Claudine Hellmuth, which are available by custom order. 

Photobucket

No comments: