Pages

Dawn Pritchard Pinterest

Follow Me on Pinterest

Monday, September 30, 2013

Take time to play everyday

Hi All! Well I've given myself a personal challenge to make something crafty everyday. Even if it's small; I need to make something homemade every day.  When you own a store...the store tends to take over, and I have to remind myself that this WAS my hobby! So, I'm going to do my best to remind myself just that..it's MY HOBBY TOO!   
So here is my yesterday's crafty adventure, I decided to sketch. I always love looking at everyones art, and I find I'm so drawn to sketches of dolls/girls...which is probably why I LOVE playing with my Prima Girl stamps! But I wanted to make my OWN!  I took the online SheArt3 with Christy Tomlinson in January and leaned a lot, and gained confidence.  But then life got in the way...and I stopped.  Yesterday I hunted down my sketch book, and borrowed my son's good old HB, sharpener and eraser and just doodled.  


Find HER on my Instagram Account and Follow me for daily inspiration
I sketched this one with the help of a book I sell in the shop "Mixed Media Girls" with Suzi Blu  
She walks you though step by step how to draw folk art girls.  Currently out of stock but I can order one in for you, just let me know!


I think THIS style is the one I'm most attracted too! I love the big eyes! This is the best nose I've done! I so struggle with noses! Again, great tips for how to draw a good nose in the Suzi Blu book!  Super hard for me! LOL! Practice practice practice!





Photobucket

No comments: