Pages

Dawn Pritchard Pinterest

Follow Me on Pinterest

Monday, August 2, 2010

Sketchy Thursday

Hi Everyone
I snuck a few hours to scrap on Friday; so I have at least one other LO that I'll post this week!  I'm really please with how they both turned out.  As I've been caught up with my photo's, I haven't had anything to scrap, but now that summer is here, I've got a whole bunch of pictures to scrap!  This one is of my family; my sister, Mom, Dad, brother and myself.  We all went camping together, with the 7 kids, 5 dogs..and 1 cat for Fathers Day week end, and it was great.  So while I was there, I made sure I took some picture of each individual family, and individuals of each child. We hardly have any pictures of the family, they are always of just the kids.  This one my eldest niece took for us. 
Anyway..about the project...
I found another sketch challenge blog called Sketchy Thursday that I though I would play around with.  So this LO is based on that sketch; and as I was posting the link for this, I realize my LO is similar to one of their designers...this way by accident!  Clearly great minds think a like!
It's hard to see, but if you click on the picture to make it larger, you should be able to see the Smootch detail; I used a music bar mask and spritzed Log Cabin and Gold Glow Smootch to add some pretty detail to the cute paper. I also used the same Smootch to color up the pear chip board.   The colors I used are  Pear Pizzazz, More Mustard and Cajun Craze; which I pulled from the non-SU! paper, and it matched perfectly. I really like the new 1/2" stitched ribbon I used to make the sun rays; that is actually one of the things I love about SU! Everything is soo easy to co-ordinated together.I love buying the matching ribbon, paper and ink so I know that shades will match perfectly! Takes the guess work out of it and gives you more time to scrap!  I also used a scrap of my favorite new DSP, NEWSPRINT to make a cute tag by distressing and stamping with Baja Breeze and the the swallow from the Notable Ornate stamp set; which is right up on my top 5 favorites stamps!  And I just couldn't resist adding the cute owl again! He is just too stinking cute; sure you'll be seeing him a lot on my projects.
Thanks for stopping by
Dawn

3 comments:

heidi said...

very pretty layout! glad you played along with us!

lisa said...

Great LO. Thanks for playing along.

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

This is GORGEOUS!!! Some of my FAVE papers are in that lo! I loveeeeeeeeeeeee the photo and the sun you made!! Thanks sooooooooooooooooo much for playing along with Sketchy Thursdays! :):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):)