I had a Heidi Swapp Memory File Class a few weeks ago, and in it, we made a cool element of stamping on a sheet of vellum. I demo'd a page for the class, (center of the page below), and I just loved how it turned out and knew I had to make something with it. This is what I made. I started off with my stamped vellum page and picked out a glittered black sheet of 12x12 cardstock to be my background and just went from there. So I'm calling this my "hybrid page"...it's not art journaling cause it's not in a journal...but it doesn't have a picture on it...so it's not really a scrapbook page...so, it's my HYBRID PAGE!
Unfinished Page: Sometimes I THINK I'd done, take a picture of it to post it, then look at and realize it's not really "there" yet. The main image is stamped onto Vellum with Archival Inks, and Stampotique, Dylusions and Tim Holtz stamps. I used a water brush and Perfect Pearls Powder in Forever Red and glam up is wings.
Ok, now I'm done! Added some more collage layers from an old book and added some Paper Tape from 7 Gypsies. Then I added more texture with wash of Black Gesso. There is a lot of texture on this page that is hard to pick up with a camera.
This skull is from one of Tim Holtz's new stamp sets, Halloween Blue Prints (which is soon to become one of my fav's). I inked him up with Distress Inks, Bronze Adirondack paint, Glossy Accent in the eyes and finished off with Black Gesso. The wings are from one of my favourite Tim's sets too (Royal Script), and I cut them out with my Eclips and Tim's Stamp 2 Cut cartridge. I stamped them with Red Archival and used the same distressing recipe I used on the skull.
The light bulb is from the NEW Prima range of embellishments and I LOVE them!!!! I grunged it up a bit with black gesso and a Tim Holtz metal Chain tassel.
Light Modelling Paste, I coloured up with Adirondack Color wash spray first then layered it on through a Crafters Workshop brick stencil. Then I added more texture to it by black washing over it.
I used Claudine Hellmuth Muliti Medium to attach down some tulle and some Grunge board numbers ( that I inked up and coved with Glossy Accents), then I painted them with Adirondack Bronze Paint, Black Gesso and Dylusions Black Spray.
Hope you like it! I had a lot of fun making it....I MAY add a picture of my boys to it in the future...not sure yet.