Pages

Dawn Pritchard Pinterest

Follow Me on Pinterest

Friday, September 10, 2010

Newsprint Gift Bag with Vintage Flower Tutorial

Hi Everyone
Well I have gone outside my crafty box today and made a paper 3D item! That is SO not me! So I thought it was time to make it ME!  And it was so easy with the Northshore Stampers Class Planner!  I soon as I saw that planner I knew I had to have it to teach me how to make that gorgeous bag!  I wish I could get one made in cloth as I would carry this every where! Do you like it?? How could you not?  Now I can't give you the direction but you can buy the file over at Angela's Blog for only $5, it includes CARDS for that price as well!!
I did change the paper I used and I change mine up by closing it with Velcro in the center.  I also made that cute flower embellishment with the new 5/8" Victoria Crochet Trim.  Want to make the flower? It is so easy.  Follow my tutorial!!
You will need 16" of the Victorian Crochet Trim (118481)
; a circle of Very Vanilla and Chip board; I used the Circle #2 Die and the Big Shot to cut out the 2nd smallest circle. One Antique Brad (117873); A Glue Gun,  and a Big Bite Crop a dile.

Glue your Vanilla C/S to you chipboard; and then cover your circle with hot glue.  I'm sure you could use sticky strip if you wanted.  
Starting on an outside edge, cover the outside with the edge of your lace. Work quickly with the hot glue. Following the same circle movement, keep swirling inside the whole circle.


Once you get to the center, cut off the excess.  Tidy up both edges by making sure they are glued down.  Now I punched a hole with a BIG BITE not the small crop a dile; I found I just could not get around all the layers with regular crop a dile without squishing the lace.  Then I place my antique brad in to the center.  You could put a button instead if you don't have the big bite.
*You could easily make this into a hair pin by using a vanilla piece of felt instead of the chip board! So Pretty!

Thanks for stopping by today; hope you like my tutorials! Comments are very much appreciated and make my day!!
Dawn
Like my Scrappin' Style? Check out my SU! Club Planners HERE! Let me plan your SU! Scrappin' Classes for as little as $3.50 Cnd/month

1 comment:

Candace said...

you are rockin it girl!!!! Love all these ideas!!! Thanks for the inspiration ;)