Pages

Dawn Pritchard Pinterest

Follow Me on Pinterest

Thursday, September 2, 2010

Scallop Flower Tutorial

Hi Everyone
I thought today I would post a little picture tutorial on how to make a scalloped paper flower.

Step 1: Punch out 4-6 Scallops out of Card Stock. You can change the size of your flower by changing your size of scallop punch,  SU! 2 3/8" Scallop punch 118874, is great for 12x12 Scrapbook pages and use 6, and the 1 3/4" Scallop 119854, is great for cards with 4 scallops. This one is made with 4 smaller scallops.
Step 2: THIS IS IMPORTANT! Spritz each scallop with water, this will break down the fibers and make the next step easier, and improve the look of your flower.
Step 3: Crumple your scallops.
Step 4. Un-crumple and stagger layer your scallops.  With Paper Piercing Tool 116631 and Mat Pack 105826, poke a hole in the center.  Add any brad.
Step 5. Place scallops in your hand and squish together! All done! It will dry in a few minute nice and stiff so it will hold it's form.
Now go and make some flowers! My next post will be on Saturday, where you will see a different flower embellishment that I made.  If you want another tutorial on that technique, make sure you leave me a comment on Saturday!  If you do not have a SU! demo yet, I'd love to be YOURS! You can order at my shop 24/7 online! Canadians only, sorry, can't ship to other countries! Just click on my Blinking Shopping Cart on your right!
Happy Scrappin'
Dawn

No comments: