Pages

Dawn Pritchard Pinterest

Follow Me on Pinterest

Wednesday, October 6, 2010

Candle Flower Tutorial: Twisted 70


***Do you want an AMAZING deal on SU!? You need to go over to my 24/7 Store Right now and SHOP at the On-Line only Clearance RACK! HUGE Clear Out! Pretties Kit for $14.89; Scallop Bag XL Die $17.14 Both used to be over $40!!!! Plus Card Stock for for $1.89!!!! Only available while supplies Last!!! Click on my Shopping Cart on your right, then Shop Now and Clearance Rack!!!! Go SHOP!!! Shove you basket full for only $10 shipping up to $100 of supplies!!!!****
Hi  Everyone
OK, I am feeling the need to redeem myself...since I have been sick, I've kinda lost my MOJO and I feel the need to prove to myself, and YOU, that I am good at crafting!  So luckily for me, today is Twisted Sketches #70, with the twist being "pin"; scrapbooking, my FAV!  I really spent a lot of time putting this LO together, and I am very please with the results. There are a lot of little details on here if you look closely, all the buttons are threaded with Linen Thread. I think it's the small details that make the difference.  The little leaves at the top were cut out with the Leaves #2 Die from Cajun Craze and More Mustard card stock; I then took my bone folder and grooved in the leave veins, then I sponged Cajun Craze to add some depth.  Then I curled them with my bone folder, and pushed through some pearl ended pins. It's hard to see the details in the picture, sorry.

How about my flower?? Do you like it! You guys know how much I love making my own flowers...so in my true style, I made this one too!  With my favorite Die, Circle #2!  I came across this great tutorial on the web for making sunflowers but I didnt' have all the supplies that they used, so I worked with what I had and made this flower instead.  I thought you would like a tutorial on it. 

Step 1: Cut out your Polyester fabric with your Big Shot and Circle #2 Die.  You will need 4 large, 3 Medium, 3 Small, 2  XS.

Step #2. Cut into your circles, to make petals. Just straight cuts all the way around the circles.

Step #3. Take a candle; I used a tea light; and singe the end of each petal.  Don't stick it in the flame, just very close, and it is quick, so be careful not to set it on fire. After all the circles are done; stagger them on top of each other.  I used my Crop a Dile and punch a hole and added a brad.


Click HERE to order supplies
 Paper: Autumn Spice DSP (120808), Neutrals Patterns DSP (117157), Old Olive, Cajun   Craze,Very Vanilla  C/S
 Ink: Cajun Craze (119671)
 Embellishments: 5/16" Neutral Jumbo Brads (112534), Linen Thread (104199), Tag and Buttons Non-SU!
 Tools: Big Shot, (113439), Leaves #2 Die (113459), Circles #2 Die (114526), Tasteful Trim XL die (120893)
Thanks for stopping by
 Dawn
 If you like my style make sure you check my SU! Club and Class Planners on your right.

2 comments:

Stamping Aweigh with Norma said...

Thanks so much for sharing this tutorial. I was looking on the internet just yesterday to see how this is done. Wonderful tutorial. Now I just need to try it.

Unknown said...

What a cute page! Thanks for the flower idea, I LOVE that!

I'm so glad you linked up to SS!

Hannah @ http://youngancrafty.blogspot.com/