Pages

Dawn Pritchard Pinterest

Follow Me on Pinterest

Friday, February 4, 2011

What can you do with fabric if you don't sew?


HI Everyone
As promise, I'm posting pics today of the projects we made at my downline meeting this month.  All my ladies who attended are new to my group so I want to make sure I showed them something different that they can do with SU! rather than the standard card or scrapbooking.  So I decided to show them our fantastic fabric!  We made this so cute, and so practical Book Mark!  Again, my photography skill let me down, and I just can not figure out how to take a good picture of this project..trust me, the picture does it NO justice!
Supplies
 We used the awesome Fun Flowers Bigz L Die 121812, Deck the Halls 121716 (winter mini but still available to order) Deck the Halls button (retired, opps, but you could sub Brights/Regals Buttons), Cherry Cobbler C/S and Ink, First Edition DSP 121878, Victoria 5/8" Crochet Trim 118481, Smooch Pearlized Accent Ink Illuminated Top Coat 121084 and a Bone Folder 102300.
Directions
All I did was starched the fabric flowers with spray starch, when they were 80% dry I scrunched them up. Ink the paper flowers with Cherry Cobbler, scrunch. For the Cherry C/S flower, curl edges with your bone folder back and forth to break down the fibers till it splits into 2 layers. Un-crumple all flowers and just layer with hot glue. Smooth the paper flowers to make them have a wee bit of glitter bling. Glue onto Ribbon is about 18" long, and glue button on bottom of ribbon to add as a weight for the bookmark.

Photobucket

5 comments:

Candace said...

Awesome new blog Dawn!!! It is so You ;)

Kris McIntosh said...

What a cute idea. Will have to case this one for my grandchildren.

Unknown said...

Very beautiful!

Unknown said...

This turned out so pretty! I love how girly it makes your book :)

Thanks for sharing in FFA!

Hannah @ http://youngancrafty.blogspot.com/

Annie Dee said...

love it!

found you on sassy sites' blog hop :)