Pages

Dawn Pritchard Pinterest

Follow Me on Pinterest

Monday, December 1, 2014

December's Design Team: Please check out PAM's Gorgeous Mixed Media Layout


Hi All! Pam here with today's design team post for December! It is starting to look a lot like Christmas!  Mother Nature has definitely prepared us Edmontonians for the winter solstice with a HUGE amount of snow just before the weekend.  And although the snow and the road conditions have fostered a number of colourful words, when all tucked up warm at home, sipping my Starbucks Pumpkin Spice Latte (no whip, non-fat if you're in the neighbourhood), past the din of tires spinning and snow plows beeping there is something so magical and peaceful with the world covered in white.

Is it any surprise then that white is the in colour again this winter?  White ornaments, white trees, white deer heads.  White.  Which totally adds style to our December inspiration photo all that much more.  My Mind's Eye kicked it out of the park with their Sleigh Bells Ring collection.

Using MME's Sleigh Bells Ring collection and Prima's Coffee Break Cup O Joe paper I put together this fun, wintery, sparkly layout.  It has been a super long time since I worked on a layout.  For those who can date Alex's age by the toque he wears, you will recognize that this is an early 2014 winter layout.  Oscar has now been retired.  Not sure what it is about my monkey but he can definitely make a toque look good.



There are quite a few layers to this layout.  I started off setting up the first layer by laying down the book page, the burlap pieces and Prima's Coffee Break Cup O Joe papers.  I then inked splatters and hot chocolate cup rings using distress ink (pumice stone)/Tim Holtz splatters layered stencil and added stars and random droplets with dylusions sprays and izinks.  At the risk of sounding like a broken record, because this is the second time I will sing their praises in two posts for the Design Team, I will once again mention how great those little bottles of ink are.  Izinks are super easy to use and have a fantastic dramatic effect for very little cost.  Afraid to use them, you say?  Let me know in the comment section if you are interested in a class and The Inked Stamper can set something up if there is enough interest.  So don't be anxious about letting us know if you would like a demo on how they can be used.  Classes at The Inked Stamper are always super reasonably priced and you definitely get your bang for your buck. 

I outlined some of the stars to ground them.  A technique I learned at The Inked Stamper from Dawn.


Once that first layer dried I was all set to start building.  I added the photos, the snowflakes (Lawn Fawn stitched snowflakes) and the MME embellishments.


Thank you for stopping by, remember to leave a comment and if you have any questions do not be afraid to ask!  I always love hearing from you and the Design Team have the bestest and mostest craft knowledge to share.  I am always learning from them.

Stay warm and craft-on my North American friends and to those in warm wintery locations: send us warm crafty thoughts.  We will need them until April.


Photobucket

No comments: