Pages

Dawn Pritchard Pinterest

Follow Me on Pinterest

Friday, October 30, 2009

Don't forget the INSIDE! Plus Altered Embossing Folder




Well my Kiddo's are still home from school..a full school week. I tell ya, we are all sick of each other and bored of being quarantined! I haven't had a ton of time to make stuff this week, but I squeezed in this cute card today.
Before I get to the technique, I wanted to remind you all, DON`T FORGET THE INSIDE of your card. Taking the extra 2 min to stamp an image on the inside is a great way to personalize your card, plus don`t forget to stamp a greeting verse. Best way to make your card look professional and polished; buy a Greeting Stamp set. The one I used in this card is MANY MERRY MESSAGES, pg 33 $45.95. This is a great set as it has inside 4 Christmas verses plus 4 card front greetings.
I've been meaning to try this Altered Embossing Folder technique with an embossing folder since Founders Circle where Patty Bennet used it on her swap. If you notice my card front has a big oval in the center not embossed like the rest of the white with the Petal-a-Plenty embossing folder....Patty showed us this cool technique how to do this. I modified it a bit: I took a piece of our chip board and traced the OVAL from the Scallop Oval Die in the center, then I cut it out with the Hobby Knife. You remove the oval cut out; you don't use this piece. You will then use the chip board with the oval cut out as your bottom cutting board for the big shot.
1) place a shim into mutlitpurpose platform: close it
2) Place Chipboard negative on mutlipurpose platform
3) Put paper in your Embossing folder, center it over your chipboard
4) Put cutting board on top and run through: this will be a tight squeeze, but it will go.
I've also seen people cut the oval out of the actual embossing folder, as they`re only $10.95, it's not to big of a deal to alter it, you can buy 2.
The snow man stamp is a Hostess Level 2 Free set from the mini. With $395 in workshops(party) orders you can get him for FREE too plus a $45 shopping spree PLUS you would also get to choose 1 item in the mini for $14 (excluding My Digital Studio).
Have a Happy & Safe Halloween! Should have made a Halloween card, opps
Thanks for stopping by
Dawn

1 comment:

Candace said...

I always struggle with the inside of cards. Yours is gorgeous!!! Love that technique!!! You rock the stampin up world girlie!